A new season of Survivor and 6 other fresh international shows to look out for on M-Net
Sun City – Channel24 can reveal that South African TV lovers are in for a treat in the upcoming months after M-Net (DStv 101) unveiled an exciting line-up of international series at their annual content showcase on Wednesday.
The local TV channel, at a press event held at Sun City, announced that it acquired the rights to the new season of the US version of Survivor. The channel revealed that apart from the popular reality show it also acquired other international offerings including spin-offs from popular shows, and reboots that feature a bevy of A-list movie stars who've migrated to the small screen.
Some of the highlights to look out for include:
1) Prodigal Son: The series centres on Malcolm Bright a former FBI profiler whose father is an infamous killer. He helps the NYPD solve crimes to absolve him from his upbringing. The media got to watch the first episode of the series and it is undoubtedly an edge-of-your seat viewing experience that shouldn’t be missed.
2) Little Fires Everywhere: This exciting new series stars Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. Based on the novel of the same name by Celeste Ng the show witnesses the mysteries of arson, kinship and community in late-'90s suburban America.
3) Party of Five: The reboot of the 1994 Fox series follows five siblings who have to navigate the struggles of daily life after their parents are deported to Mexico.
4) Katy Keene: A spin-off from the popular show Riverdale. Lucy Hale stars as the title character, Katy Keene, an aspiring fashion designer who heads to New York City to follow her dreams. It is based on the Archie Comics character of the same name.
5) The Outsider: The series based on the novel by Stephen King and stars Jason Bateman as a man who is accused of killing a young boy. As detectives investigate the crime, they find a mysterious force surrounding the case.
6) Mad About You: Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser reprise their roles as Kamie and Paul Buchman in this reboot. The 12-episode series will follow the couple and their now 18-year-old daughter as she leaves for college.
Channel24's trip to Sun City was sponsored by M-Net.