Clues that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth were headed for a split
Cape Town - Fans are still reeling after Miley Cyrus (26) and actor Liam Hemsworth (29) announced their split on Saturday. But after being married for only eight months, there were some early clues of trouble in paradise.
The Nothing Breaks Like a Heart singer and the Independence Day: Resurgence actor married in December last year after an on-again, off-again relationship that began when they met on the set of the movie The Last Song in 2009, E! Online reports.
In a statement to PEOPLE, Miley’s representative said she and Liam both agreed to separate.
“Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they’ve decided this is what’s best while they both focus on themselves and careers. They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy.”
Despite fans being saddened by the news, here are a few clues that their breakup shouldn’t have come as a surprise.
1. It’s been a while since the pair have posted Instagram photos together, according to Bustle. This is odd considering the two have never been shy about flaunting their relationship on Instagram.
2. During their on-again, off-again relationship of 10 years, they’ve split several times.
3. Neither Miley nor Liam have been spotted wearing their wedding rings in photos taken of them over the past few months.
4. Liam didn’t post about Miley’s new EP, She Is Coming, which was released on 31 May. The Australian actor has previously posted about his wife’s work on Twitter and Instagram.
5. Miley has been holidaying in Italy with her older sister, Brandi (32), and some friends. During the trip, she was photographed making out with blogger Kaitlynn Carter (30), who recently split from reality TV star Brody Jenner (35).