Thomas Markle reveals personal letter Meghan allegedly wrote him

Cape Town - Meghan’s estranged father, Thomas Markle, has released an emotional letter he claims to be from the Duchess of Sussex.

Published by the Daily Mail on Sunday, Meghan (37) allegedly begs Thomas (74) in the five-page handwritten letter – dated August 2018 – to avoid talking to the press.

Meghan, who’s expecting her first child with Prince Harry (34), apparently wrote the letter to reach out to her father.

The letter’s existence emerged last week, after close friends of the duchess gave a series of anonymous interviews to People magazine.

In the interviews, they said Meghan had been so upset by her father’s public attacks on her and Harry that she penned the letter begging him to patch up their differences privately.

They also claimed Thomas had “never called, never texted”, saying this has been “super painful” for the soon-to-be mother.

Thomas revealed the letter after the interviews, saying he initially thought it might be conciliatory but instead “it was a dagger to the heart,” reports Metro

“Daddy, it is with a heavy heart that I write this, not understanding why you have chosen to take this path, turning a blind eye to the pain you are causing,” Meghan began the letter.

READ A EXCERPT OF THE LETTER HERE:

“Your actions have broken my heart into a million pieces – not simply because you have manufactured such unnecessary and unwarranted pain, but by making the choice to not tell the truth as you are puppeteered in this. Something I will never understand.

“If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop. Please allow us to live our lives in peace. Please stop lying, please stop creating so much pain, please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband.

“I realise you are so far down this rabbit hole that you feel (or may feel) there’s no way out, but if you take a moment to pause I think you’ll see that being able to live with a clear conscience is more valuable than any payment in the world.”

MONTHS OF LIES AND DECEIT

The week before Meghan’s May 19 nuptials Thomas decided to stay away after it emerged he’d staged paparazzi photoshoots ahead of the big day.

Since then Thomas and Meghan’s half-sister Samantha have continued to speak critically of her to UK tabloids.

In the alleged letter Meghan wrote she never heard from her father that he wouldn’t be attending her wedding – nor did she receive messages from him about his heart attack.

“You’ve told the press that you called me to say you weren’t coming to the wedding – that didn’t happen because you never called.

“I have only ever loved, protected, and defended you, offering whatever financial support I could, worrying about your health. So the week of the wedding to hear about you having a heart attack through a tabloid was horrifying.

“I pleaded with you to stop reading the tabloids. On a daily basis you fixated and clicked on the lies they were writing about me, especially those manufactured by your other daughter, who I barely know.

“You watched me silently suffer at the hand of her vicious lies, I crumbled inside.”

Kensington Palace has not yet commented on the authenticity of the letter.

Sources: Daily Mail, Metro, People